So, the summer season is here. Have you started feeling that the air is a bit too thick and you are feeling light-headed? The answer lies in moisture; both internal and external. While you understand the importance of drinking enough water during the summer, allow me to tell you why the moisture content of the air is important too. Humidity is a very important factor to be considered when viewed from the perspective of individual well being. Not only that anything made out of wood is also in need of constant look after during a fall in humidity. Below, we are listing some of the reasons that will tell you why you should use a good humidifier for your whole house:
- Easing congestion: Contracting a cold or a cough during summer season is worse than doing so in winter. But do you know why this happens? The lack of moisture in the environment around us causes the mucus in the nasal cavities to dry up leaving us with blocked air passages which do not allow the sinus to drain. This can cause degrees of problems ranging from general discomfort to a splitting headache.
- Taking care of wood: Musical equipments and wooden furniture share this problem. The lack of moisture causes the wood to shrink; this distorts the functioning and the appearance of the utensils. To ensure the longevity of your wood, make sure that you have installed a humidifier at your home. They maintain the humidity at an optimum level (which is around 40%).
- Maintenance of flora: The potted plants that you plant with so much love perish in the absence of moisture. It is not possible to water them at short intervals especially in presence of extreme weather conditions. Plants are in need of water from both soil and moisture. Having greenery in your house greatly increases the beauty of the place.
- Saving money on bills: Maintaining optimum humidity level can lower the temperature in your house and help you to save money on your electricity bill. Humidifiers work both ways that are to say that their function is to maintain optimum humidity levels. Be it raising the minimum level or lowering the maximum. Air which is at a low temperature but has higher humidity will feel warmer and air at higher temperature with low humidity will feel cooler.
- Protecting your skin: Various problems like chaffing or drying up can be prevented if one takes care of the moisture content of the skin. Applying lotions can lead to having an oily appearance. The collagen (that makes up your hair) needs continuous presence of moisture to remain flexible. Otherwise, it becomes brittle and susceptible to damage. The best humidifier for dry skin can do wonders.
Complete Family Care
Choosing to spend a little on installing the best humidifier at your homes will help you in averting a lot of problems later. Changes in weather conditions affect everyone differently. A humidifier presents an easy way to protect your family from the harmful effects of dry wind.